Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time owner
09-12-2015, 21:49 (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 21:50 by Twdc1991.)
Wink First time owner
We need a lil help with our generator.... We have a 1997 Bluebird BMC and it has original 25k miles on it. Hardly used, looks like new inside.

Need 3 injection pumps for Isuzu motor (Generator) frozen up... We don't know where to begin to look. Took week to figure out what was wrong.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 22:42
RE: First time owner
Hi,

I'd probably start by calling Power Tech: http://www.powertechgenerators.com/. Then I'd google "Isuzu injector pump". Here's one somewhat promising link.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-12-2015, 23:08
I was thinking , Google Isuzu motors . If she is not working, and you know its the motor, go that way .

But your post does say Genny ? . is it a elect issue,or Motor ? I would call you buy your name, but I do not see one Smile say hello , we don t bite Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
09-13-2015, 12:53
Nice!

"The Wanderers" Cool
Michael & Gary
Damn..... STILL looking, and looking, and looking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2015, 12:03
that is the bus I posted last week! I would run the izoo over a bit with a battery and some diesel dropped in the removed injectors. if it locked up it could be the gen head causing an issue. you need to spool up a diesel to speed, that is why the load from the gen takes time to click on. remember the way to shut down a diesel is by removing fuel flow so make sure the electric sol is clicking open and shooting diesel when the injectors are removed and you try to spin. electric starters on gensets seem to go out because they often get used on low batteries and that eats up the bearing and brushes. wont hurt to just spend 300 to buy a brand new starter since you are into it good I have not had good luck with over the counter rebuilt starters. If you have a good alt shop a rebuild is prob ok but....... (use the old starter to turn the motor over for exercise)

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
[+] 1 user Likes GregOConnor's post
09-16-2015, 01:18
This site is just awesome - so much great help and insight here Smile

Ken and Tammy Morgan
Fountain Hills, AZ
'91 SP36
[+] 2 users Like morganaire's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)