Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator Slide
09-08-2015, 12:10 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 12:14 by davidbrady.)
RE: Generator Slide
Hi Gary,

There is a Generator Actuator breaker, manually reset-able, in the front dash lower front load center, SK33. Inside the grey box with the in/out switch there's an auto-reset circuit breaker and two relays, on for in and one for out. I'd check SK33 and power on both side of the auto-reset CB in the grey box. Test voltage under load. I believe Chuck had a problem with his actuator, he'll probably chime in momentarily.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 14:23 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 14:37 by cmillsap.)
First check to see if the gen IN/OUT actuator switch works. then check if you have power at the top right terminal on the IN/OUT switch in the gen control box. Power across those terminals comes from the SK33 fuse and feeds the actuator motor. It should be a yellow 10ga wire labeled 'D'. If no power there, read on.

I did have the same problem. I have been unable to find a schematic for the gen actuator. I would check that Sk33 fuse to assure it is not blown. Also test the Auto Reset CB for available power at the top terminal. Then check the bottom terminal on the Auto Reset CB for power to assure the Auto Reset CB is good.

I had a short in the yellow line #D running from the SK33 fuse located in the lower dash panel in front of the passengers seat to the right top terminal on the in/out switch in the gen control box.

If the SK33 fuse is ok and there is power on the bottom terminal of the Auto reset CB, you may have the same problem as I had. You can
pull the SK33 fuse and temporarily jump to feed power from the Auto reset CB terminal to the top right terminal on the in/out actuator switch inside the gen control panel.

All this assumes your bus is wired the same as mine.......... If you are not electrically adept, have an electrician look at it.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post
09-08-2015, 23:35
Thanks for the response. I will check it out and let you know what I find.
09-09-2015, 01:30
One fear I have is while closing the Gen, the exhaust will hang up and cause other damage. Not sure how it works or how to maintain . If it is a blown fuse may want to look at this for a a use of line draw

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)