Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AlecMapa on a Lodge
07-02-2015, 12:33
AlecMapa on a Lodge
My 94 pt was sold last month to a great couple who plan to use it for cross county trips to visit grand kids and national parks. Tim and I camped with them for several days and have had the bus back here for some fixes ,add-ons and operator instruction. in all they put on 1,500 miles and plan a grand more in the West before they make a trip back to North Carolina. New owners of my '94 were in the shop when the shoe was mounted on my new LXi. Surprised that their bus held the size 120 prior. Just as surprised that Olivia Newton John, Greg Luoganis, Scott Willis and a cast of other celebrities have traveled in their new bus.
This month the RainbowRV club will hit 9,000 members and has been singled out as the larges organized group of LG couples anywhere. The Wanderlodge Parade exposure has been a great part of the successful member drives. On the 17th of July we will have the LXi in the San Diego Pride 2015 event with Alec Mapa up on top. I will post pics.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 23:22
RE: AlecMapa on a Lodge
Wow Greg!

Congrats on selling the '94! Nine thousand members, now I know why we've been missing you around here. Shoe horn some this direction if you can! Where in NC do the new owners reside or frequently travel too? Maybe I can help them out on occasion. I'm sure it's bitter sweet letting go of the old bus. I still miss my LXi, but then I get into the H3 and suddenly my memory fails! LOL Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-04-2015, 12:45 (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 13:06 by GregOConnor.)
Dave. I got the state wrong, it is south Carolina . Spartanburg . Owners are Tommy and Darleen . The 94 is here for the weekend. I put in a xantrex 40 plus so he can plug in this small charger to a 120 15 amp and maintain battery charge. I had a pair of them in the bus prior the new Inverter Charger I installed 2 years ago. They leave for the East on Monday. I am confident that they understand the operations of the bus and will be fine.

I am getting a bit nervous with my engineering of the shoe display mechanics. The setup now positions the shoe and talent over the hitch with a 110 electric winch used to pull the square tube thru the 43 inch stroke. It works great but if the cable breaks or the harbor freight winch fails, the talent could fall 40 inches to a abrupt stop. I ordered a 2.5 inch Dia x 48 inch stroke dual acting hydraulic cylinder. And plan to make a shock. My thinking is to add a tank of fluid and a ball valve to restrict the flo for the retract. May just put a air filter on the top port. And a full open path with a backflo for suckling fluid on the way up, so I don't demand effort from the winch. I wipp post som images later today

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
07-04-2015, 20:54
Pics would be great Greg; I'm having trouble envisioning what you have going on. My first thought is to add a ratcheting latch of some sort, kind of like the safety stops you see on any truck/bus/automotive lift, something which would click in as the shoe is raised allowing it to drop only an inch or so if the cable or winch fails.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)