Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verizon Hotspot Users
04-27-2015, 13:03
Verizon Hotspot Users
For folks using a Verizon Hotspot, you'll have good connectivity if you use one of the free and secure web proxy services like kproxy when connecting to WaGu. They're pretty easy to use. Click on the link and drop wanderlodgegurus.com into the dialogue box and you're connected.

This is a temporary workaround pending Verizon fixing the problem.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 17:02 (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 17:06 by cmillsap.)
RE: Verizon Hotspot Users
(04-27-2015 13:03)davidbrady Wrote:  For folks using a Verizon Hotspot, you'll have good connectivity if you use one of the free and secure web proxy services like kproxy when connecting to WaGu. They're pretty easy to use. Click on the link and drop wanderlodgegurus.com into the dialogue box and you're connected.

This is a temporary workaround pending Verizon fixing the problem.

David,

I am posting this via my computer connected to the Verizon Hotspot on my Android smart phone. WaGu downloaded quickly with no problems. I'll let you know if there is a problem uploading this post.

Chuck
EDIT: P.S. David, this post uploaded in less than 3 seconds. I am using Internet Explorer on my 'puter.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
04-27-2015, 21:28 (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 22:19 by davidbrady.)
Thanks Chuck,

Are you running LTE 4G? I can reproduce Ernie's problem on my Verizon HTC1 running 4G. I just tried to reproduce it by backing off into LTE/CDMA which I think runs on the 3G spectrum and I can't. The pages load fine in 3G for me.

Ernie and Steve, you may want to try backing your phone's off 4G to 3G to see if the problem persists.

It's getting more interesting. When using my HTC One, if I get into Ernie and Steve's mode where pages spin forever, I can get out of it by toggling the phone into and out of Airplane mode. After this the web pages load again, for a while...

david brady,

04-27-2015, 22:38
If I reset my phone's transceiver by toggling airplane mode I'm back to having WaGu connectivity. I can surf WaGu to my heart's content. The moment I surf another website and go back to WaGu, WaGu spins!

david brady,

04-27-2015, 23:48
(04-27-2015 21:28)davidbrady Wrote:  Thanks Chuck,

Are you running LTE 4G? I can reproduce Ernie's problem on my Verizon HTC1 running 4G. I just tried to reproduce it by backing off into LTE/CDMA which I think runs on the 3G spectrum and I can't. The pages load fine in 3G for me.

Ernie and Steve, you may want to try backing your phone's off 4G to 3G to see if the problem persists.

It's getting more interesting. When using my HTC One, if I get into Ernie and Steve's mode where pages spin forever, I can get out of it by toggling the phone into and out of Airplane mode. After this the web pages load again, for a while...

Yes, 4G LTE on a Samsung Galaxy S5

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
04-28-2015, 10:15
Some progress. Here's a traceroute I ran after I reproduced the problem on my tethered cell phone:

You can see how telia.net is routing all goDaddy packets to one of their old X86 machines sitting in a dusty closet. lol

I got on the phone with goDaddy and I forwarded this traceroute to them. I'm trying hard to have us moved to a different static IP address, one that hopefully routes around telia.net.

BTW, as you can see we're on 50.63.101.41 which is also the address assigned to newellGurus.

david brady,

04-30-2015, 10:01 (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 10:06 by davidbrady.)
Sorry to say that so far nothing has happened except a bunch of finger pointing. GoDaddy says the problem lies outside their network and to contact my ISP. Well, in this case our ISP is Verizon and their tethering service and Verizon is also passing the buck. So, for those of us who connect using Verizon hotspots there are three choices: a) root your phone and install third party tethering software, b) connect to WaGu over a secure proxy service, or c) move WaGu off goDaddy to another web hosting provider. The likelyhood of (a) is small, (b) has its own set of issues, so I'll start looking around for a new web hosting provider.

david brady,

04-30-2015, 21:15 (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 21:19 by erniecarpet.)
C
talked to Tom on Newell gurus and they are not on godaddy
when they were, had same issues
when it takes so long to load or post- I've got other things to do than wait on something to load- this note probably won't load before it times out-

so I had to start over as a "junior" guru to get on here. Really? Who started the original Wanderlodge forum, anyway?
04-30-2015, 21:25 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 23:55 by travelite.)
I understand Ernie. I'm as frustrated as you are. I spoke with Tom last night. They were on goDaddy then they moved but they're back again.

The issue really isn't goDaddy's and it's not quite Verizon's either. It's a telia.net server in Finland that's the bottleneck. Trouble is neither goDaddy nor Verizon has much pull. The only viable solution is to move to another web hosting provider or use a proxy service.

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)