Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NADA Wanderlodge Listings
04-19-2015, 11:48 (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 12:09 by GregOConnor.)
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings
If the values listed are not representational to true market value, what is the value in having the value listing. I am not confident that a design manufacture of air operated sewer valves could have self interest persuasive result over a company who markets dependable data.
My 94 is listed on Randys site, the only thing wrong with it is one of those sewer valves .
LOL I just read the thread at wog where someone took credit for the pending change. I decided to try my hand and prayed for sunlight again tomorrow morning.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 12:44 (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 13:26 by travelite.)
I actually believe that the values listed are somewhat secondary. The legacy and history and advertising represented is more important to me. But, if a value is on the slightly high side I see no harm; buyers quickly tune in to this fact. And if the values are too low, likewise, but if this is the only issue that some have with NADA then this could be fixed. I don't know what's stopping dealers from updating NADA with more accurate selling prices? Does anyone?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
04-19-2015, 13:36
I just think it was inevitable that Wanderlodge would be dropped and not by the powers claiming. I cant see some corporate secretary taking a call from a scrap dealing, southern hick, who lives in a warehouse serious. Kind of like the mail sorter in 'Miracle on 34th street' ordering 10 trucks to deliver Santa's mail to the court house.

This was fun, now I need to work on my Aqua hot. It wont fire up, found a guide on troubleshooting and plan to start on checking fluid level in the tank and not just the overflow

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
04-19-2015, 13:54
Too funny Greg. I'm sure you're right. it's certainly a beehive of activity over there - all the employees in full swing. LOL! Moving on... Smile

david brady,

04-19-2015, 14:14 (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 15:03 by cmillsap.)
(04-19-2015 00:23)rrueckwald Wrote:  I am a little concerned with the other side of the ethics question. For insurance, the only reason an owner would want to have a high NADA well over what they paid is to make a quick buck if they had a total loss. Is that appropriate? For financing, the only reason an owner would want to have a high NADA well over what they paid is to short the bank on the amount of equity in the bus. Is that appropriate? Neither in my book.

Having too low a value is obviously a disservice to owners of those busses.

As they say across the pond, "This is a sticky wicket!"
Ron,

I have an agreed value policy in the amount of $150K on my bus which is exactly what I paid for it two years ago. I have spent another $50K on it just fixing it the way I like it. I do not see that a $150K policy on a $200K investment is unreasonable.

Chuck

(04-19-2015 11:24)davidbrady Wrote:  Chuck, I'm sorry you were compelled to leave wog. I can empathize with your decision. When that clique turns against you it's very tough. I've been there friend.

Ha David,

As you know, if you don't agree with the activities of the powers that be over on WOG, you become a "persona non grata" pretty quickly.
I removed myself from the membership as a preemptive measure. They were preparing to throw me out anyway. Did you see how quickly John Finn "Granted" my request?

Forums should be open and allow the membership to freely express their opinion within reason. A forum's strength depends on maintaining its knowledgeable membership. It should not be a vehicle for the owner to use to line his pockets off the back of members contributions. Sadly, that is the situation on WOG. I'm happy to not be a party to it anymore.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
04-19-2015, 15:07 (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 15:09 by Deb N Randy.)
I've never met Randy, but I bought my bus through him. I'm not saying nothing, but the BUTT, is I do 'NOT' believe Randy is getting rich, hopefully making a decent living.." selling Wanderlodges, he does seem passionate and knowledgeable about them. What would be a preferred dealer?

I dunno, we live in the online age and the resource that WOG is.. as well as WaGu and the yahoo archive here are invaluable as a owner. I searched all my PO post, as few as there were..., before buying and even inquired about a few. That and his other records of care sold me. I forgot to even check NADA.

Turner's on Tour
'97 Wanderlodge 43'
Full-timers originally from Wilmington, NC

04-19-2015, 16:31 (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 20:13 by travelite.)
Thanks Randy,

I appreciate your thoughts. In my lifetime I bought two buses and sold one, and it is work. I think BBBB earns every penny!

I think oftentimes online forums fall victim to group think, and I think this is one of those times. When there's such unyielding blind loyalty and support, when there's no critical thought, no dialogue, and only what seems like a reflexive and fanatical cheerleading regardless of what's announced or its consequences, then I worry - to me this group behavior is quite scary.

Some folks may refrain from speaking out due to peer pressure; some may think they're posts may go unanswered or parts will be withheld or they won't get bus support if they dessent. In a lot of ways WaGu is a balance to all of that. Because we don't have a business to run here on WaGu we're relieved of this baggage. WaGu offers an alternative, a venue for a counter viewpoint. I invite others to join WaGu and say what you wish over here. Join under an alias if you fear retribution or fear being driven from the forum.

On a side note you reminded me that our Google Site Search is broken. Well, it was broken since I just fixed it. Turns out when I deleted our Google Search Engine Optimization stuff I broke our site search. Folks, if you had problems with it recently, it's now fixed. Let me know if it doesn't work for you. It's an excellent tool to use when searching for anything on WaGu including searches thru the yahoo:groups:wanderlodgeForum archives.

david brady,

04-19-2015, 21:07
(04-19-2015 13:36)GregOConnor Wrote:  I just think it was inevitable that Wanderlodge would be dropped and not by the powers claiming. I cant see some corporate secretary taking a call from a scrap dealing, southern hick, who lives in a warehouse serious. Kind of like the mail sorter in 'Miracle on 34th street' ordering 10 trucks to deliver Santa's mail to the court house.

This was fun, now I need to work on my Aqua hot. It wont fire up, found a guide on troubleshooting and plan to start on checking fluid level in the tank and not just the overflow

Wow, I guess that when you don't have a valid or rational argument one can always turn to personal attacks??
Name calling is very uncool and childish.

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
04-19-2015, 21:17 (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 22:01 by travelite.)
(04-19-2015 21:07)JD33 Wrote:  Wow, I guess that when you don't have a valid or rational argument one can always turn to personal attacks??
Name calling is very uncool and childish.

Ahem... Jim, look at post number 11, specifically the part where Greg tells every thoughtful reader that "'My 94 is listed on Randys site". Could there be some playful banter going on here? Although, I know your heart was in the right place.

If you ever want a valid and rational argument there's one person who can always give it to you and that's Greg.

But, as always I do appreciate your input and since I have your attention and since you are a long time member of wog and in good standing (at least for the time being) maybe you can relay a message. Once the members are done patting one another on the back, perhaps you can ask them to kindly stop the public lynching of my good friend Chuck. I know you may not be successful given the mob mentality but kindly do your best. Thanks! BTW, I'd still love to see some pics of that stainless steel clad M380 of yours. (see... over here we have class).

david brady,

04-19-2015, 22:33
Hmmph. From here it looks like a lot of hypocrisy and not a small amount of paranoia. Criticism = lynching. A lot of (but not all) people in agreement = mob mentality. As someone able to see the back end of WOG I highly doubt that Chuck was in danger of being booted unless he took things to a level that I would not expect. I like Chuck, and I've never regretted buying my coach from him, but sometimes the things that are said get my back up.

Don Bradner
2004 M380 Double Slide
1990 WB "Blue Thunder" Sold
My Location

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)