Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi Dash Air Control Panel
12-16-2013, 12:41
LXi Dash Air Control Panel
On the air control panel, or HVAC if you prefer, there are two buttons, a blue one for a/c and a green one for recirculating the air. Neither of mine light up when activated. The square colored cover pulls off from the front showing sockets for some kind of bulb.

Oddly, the backside shows a clue. Although the recirc button switch has four wires going to it (two connected to ground), the a/c only has two wires and no tabs for connecting two more wires. I am theorizing that the a/c button switch came with no bulb, and BB never put a bulb in the recirc button switch just to keep it the same.

Question: Does anyone have bulbs in these switches on their LXi?

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 13:03
RE: LXi Dash Air Control Panel
Mine have never lit up and I always assumed that's the way it was shipped - interesting find on the sockets. A quick check of the dashboard electrical schematics should show if the associated bulb electrical connections exist. (I'll get to that in a minute, Smile)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
12-17-2013, 16:15
If you can figure out which car manufacturer originally made the panel, it will be much easier to find the parts. My 96 panel is a mid 90's Chrysler product.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
12-17-2013, 23:00
Since David's has always had no lights, and since one switch was wired for a bulb and the other not, it appears that was the design. It looks better for neither to light than one, always thinking one is burned out. So I will leave it as it is and get on to something that is really broken. Thanks for the input.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)