Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Compressor 405ADC38
11-21-2013, 16:48
RE: Thomas Compressor 405ADC38
Ernie,

If you could provide the part number off that 120VAC Sears compressor I'd appreciate it. I'd very much like to look up the specs. As if an engine driven air compressor, a 120VAC compressor, and a Thomas 12V compressor isn't enough, I think when HWH installed your Air-Leveling they installed yet another air compressor to keep the air springs aired up. I seem to recall having a conversation with Paul about it. I may be wrong but if it's there I think they stuffed it up behind the front bumper somewhere.

I can air power my Microphor from all the above air compressors but the slight wrinkle that Al and I have is the slide air seal which is on the same air circuit as the Microphor toilet. To me the slide air seal is mission critical. I can't afford not to have it aired up even for a few hours unless I want to reach for some tape to seal the opening from the elements. This is where the 12V Thomas is important to me. I can have failures in my generator and inverters, and even remove my Lifeline AGM house battery bank and I can still inflate my slide seal with my chassis batteries and my Thomas. If I want to leave the coach parked for a week, unplugged, without the generator and just sip power, I can throw my A/T switch, turn off my inverter/chargers, disconnect my house battery cut-off switch and rest assured that the slide seal is getting compressed air from my Thomas via the 12V chassis bank. My current Thomas lasted 9 years, the redundancy it provides is one of those quirky Wanderlodge traits we all love so much, so my plan is to put it back to stock. Thanks! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2013, 18:33
In the 450 ,as you know, there is no slide air seal. The suspension simply does not leak, but there is some leaking in the slide out valves which causes the little thomas to cycle. So if the Thomas is plumbed to power the toilet only (with an emerg. valve to the rest of the accessory system) it will rarely run.
To move the slides-- air up with the 120 before unplugging or use the engine air.
In the 450, you need to shut off the "slide " breaker when dry camping anyway.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
11-21-2013, 21:20 (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 21:21 by ernie ekberg.)
Here is what I have in the front bay. The two items are connected together and then the outlet goes, I guess to the toilet? I have been replacing batteries and getting the wiring for the Allison fixed and haven't researched what all this does. I do have another compressor that is supposed to air the suspension but the dash switch is disabled. Going to change that to dash activation instead of going out side to turn the compressor on.
and I don't understand why there are two items side by side? time- guess I have too many coaches to mess with that I can't mess with my own-

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
[+] 1 user Likes ernie ekberg's post
11-22-2013, 10:11
Hi,
If it is plumbed just to the the toilet , it needs to be regulated near 40-50 psi. Perhaps the pressure control is set that way or there is a regulator. The air pig is being used as the pressure tank and being fairly large would cause the pump to cycle less and perhaps stay off all night. (Not important with 2 "p"s to a flush)
Just takes lots of room.

(11-21-2013 21:20)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Here is what I have in the front bay. The two items are connected together and then the outlet goes, I guess to the toilet? I have been replacing batteries and getting the wiring for the Allison fixed and haven't researched what all this does. I do have another compressor that is supposed to air the suspension but the dash switch is disabled. Going to change that to dash activation instead of going out side to turn the compressor on.
and I don't understand why there are two items side by side? time- guess I have too many coaches to mess with that I can't mess with my own-

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
11-22-2013, 12:33
(11-21-2013 21:20)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Here is what I have in the front bay. The two items are connected together and then the outlet goes, I guess to the toilet? I have been replacing batteries and getting the wiring for the Allison fixed and haven't researched what all this does. I do have another compressor that is supposed to air the suspension but the dash switch is disabled. Going to change that to dash activation instead of going out side to turn the compressor on.

Ernie
Check with Paul I thought he installed a switch in water closet to power the compressor.
Hish

Hisham and Sue Amaral
2004 Prevost XL2 Marathon (sold)
2003 Liberty H3-45 2 slide
Titusville, Florida
248-935-5390
11-22-2013, 21:19
Hish, I'll check. The compressor is currently switched on at the compressor, itself. Sleeting out, now- aqua hot purring like a kitten

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
11-23-2013, 16:31
I have overhauled a couple of these Thomas compressors. It is a simple job and takes about 15 minutes once you have the compressor in hand. The kit consists of all compressor moving parts; cylinder sleeve, piston, con rod, eccentric, bearing and "O" rings.

You have to carefully seat the two parts of the head with the "O" rings and align them with the cylinder sleeve. It is not technical but must be done carefully.

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)