Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 LXi Battery Failure
07-01-2019, 15:41
RE: 2001 LXi Battery Failure
Urnie,

Yes, your inverter case should also house your charger. You should have 3000W inverters with internal 140A chargers. If it's been changed by a previous owner, it may be different. But I'd expect most owners to either replace exactly or upgrade, so you should have at least the 3000/140 units. I don't think I've ever heard of somebody removing a combination unit and installing separate ones. I've heard of folks turning off something and adding in a substitute, but that should be fairly obvious that had been done.

The only way to check them is with a volt meter and some time. As I said earlier, I just happened to be working on my rig when I caught the one charger overcharging. I turned that one off and just used the other. Since I rarely boondock, having only 1 charger never caused me any issues. We're pretty frugal when using electric, so it really doesn't take that long to replenish the batteries with the generator and even less time with the engine. Worse, since we're usually traveling in the heat, the genny is running to power the AC's, so it's no issue for the charger.

So to answer your question, make a point of always looking at the coach/house gauges whenever you're near your rig. I can't say I watch mine like a hawk, but I do routinely check them and listen to the various sounds the rig makes.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2001 LXi Battery Failure - Gregg - 06-27-2019, 07:44
RE: 2001 LXi Battery Failure - Gregg - 06-28-2019, 09:14
RE: 2001 LXi Battery Failure - Gregg - 06-29-2019, 08:47
RE: 2001 LXi Battery Failure - Arcticdude - 07-01-2019 15:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)