Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
03-02-2013, 12:34 (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 12:44 by pgchin.)
RE: A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
Pete
May have spoken to soon re AquaHot
Started up this AM smoking and dripping like crazy
Couldn't have plugged the nozzle this soon?
D

UMMM , I was afraid you were going to say that, the screaming clutches gave me a hint.... I had the EXACT thing happen to me, more than likely the oring in the fuel pump let go or the fuel pump is bad..... That's how my clutches wound up as toast from all the diesel. Check around the fuel pump when you pull the burner head again and see if you can see it leaking. Be careful. You can try a prime cycle with the head out of the chamber by holding and getting Jenn or someone to turn the switch on, then off in 2 SECONDS and if the fuel pump or o ring is leaking, it will spit diesel everywhere including on you!Angel Don,t ask how I know this!!!! I still smell of diesel!Tongue Parts are available at Aquahot if you need a fuel pump, oring, you can get locally as long as it is the correct one for oil's, etc. I've been told if you can find a WEBASCO dealer, the parts are cheaper, same parts just a lower markup then aquahot.......your call, but I bet you have that going on....... These burners really need to be rebuilt in about 10 years, that's just my opinion but they seem to fail around that timeframe............... very pricey to rebuild if you have it done, me I just bought a new one but that was 7 years ago and it was much cheaper then. 1800 bucks My original failed in year 10. I'm was going to rebuild the original one and carry it as a spare. as you can see, 7 years later it is still low on the punch BUT it is moving up in a hurry!!!!!! :-)

PS Before you pull the head, pull the cover and look at the fuel supply and return lines. Maybe they are leaking? Quick easy fix........ I had to replace mine as they were rotting from the inside out....looked good on the outside, breaking down and falling apart on the inside.......

PSS step by step how twos in the shop and installation manual if you feel want to / have the time to rebuild the burner yourself.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell - pgchin - 03-02-2013 12:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)