Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Monitor
10-18-2014, 12:44
RE: Audio Monitor
wow this is where the web advances helpful applications. this application looks for patterns. I wonder if something like this is used to look for unauthorized use of copyright music on the web? I need one that looks for anomalies. even something as simple as a decibil measure would help. decibil level increases are a very common with mechanical issues.
I have a dj sound system that mounts on my bus 7600 watts of music. I use a program that reads sound and turns it into a similar graphic chart so we can monitor the wanted sound and eliminate the noise. There are 4 graphic charts that take realtime samples from 4 sides of the bus and allow the operator to compare each chart and look for visual issues. The only warning programmable variable is difference in loudness. All of the sound converted to a visual chart is human monitored. I am fortunate that we have several sound engineer's in our group who can set things up. However. I learned that in Hollywood,"Sound Engineer" is more or less just a sound its self.

I don't want a driver viewable sound produced graph showing me what is going on in the engine compartment or the tow'ed. I rather have a idiot light that warns of an anomaly or blinks on when there is a loud noise. Life got better for me when my backup camera went blank. Now I only look at the tow'ed when Im half way thru a turn. the camera works now but I learned not using it helps me concentrate on where I am going not where I have been.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Audio Monitor - GregOConnor - 10-16-2014, 13:31
RE: Audio Monitor - dentmac - 10-16-2014, 18:30
RE: Audio Monitor - davidbrady - 10-17-2014, 00:30
RE: Audio Monitor - davidbrady - 10-17-2014, 15:19
RE: Audio Monitor - GregOConnor - 10-18-2014 12:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)