Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 M450 Excellent Price
03-04-2013, 15:12 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 15:17 by pgchin.)
!
Hish,
Both you and Rich are the consummate professionals! A true credit to the Bluebird community!Big GrinWink Both of you give so freely, thank you so much for your most generous offer. Anyone contemplating an m450 upgrade or is a current owner will be thrilled to have both you on their team!Big Grin

Al, forgot one of your points, I would not be concerned with this early run bird IF I feel in love with it. I would take an experienced m450 owner with me to have a serious look at it if I was going to write a check. Just like regular production runs of any vehicles, manufacturers make small and sometimes LARGE line changes right in the middle of a model year run. You just want to be sure what systems and subsystems are new, previous year, or a protoype. No way to truly tell without a serious look see and a comprehensive checklist. As Rich already pointed out, you wan to make sure it meets your personal expectations.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 19:40
RE: 2005 M450 Excellent Price
Rich . thank you for a window into the 450 LXI . I agree that it is a great coach for the money . It is why we are looking for one .

I look forward to more discussions about the 450 LXI , as it compares to one selling for 100 k less than any on the market . I spoke to Mike the listing agent and he states the coach needs aprox 20 k in repairs . Iam waiting for a response on what those repairs are .

Peter . I agree simple is better , but as they say " If your gona play , you gota pay " and the WIFE want s 3 slides LOL

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-04-2013, 20:24
(03-04-2013 15:45)Bird Owner Wrote:  Hish Wrote: "Hi Pete
I just added a grease fitting to the front axel ball joint that the BB did not have on our M450. This addition would allow me to improve the durability of the ball joint.
Also on the trip to the Flywheeler last weekend I review a front ball join that Jim Brookshire took apart, I believe the ball joint can be rebuilt without major expanse of buying a $1280.00 ball joint from Meritor.
Changing and reprogramming the switches on our M450 is a piece of cake, I have the tools to do that as well, and will offer to help anyone in need to program their switch.
Hish and Sue Amaral"

Hish,

How about a new thread with instructions and photos of the grease fitting installation? You are one of the best M450 teachers I have met and I know sharing here would be a great help to us all. See, now that I have embarrassed you into it, we can all look forward to doing this with tried and true DYI advice. Thanks!

Rich
I will start the write up please look for it in few days.

Hisham and Sue Amaral
2004 Prevost XL2 Marathon (sold)
2003 Liberty H3-45 2 slide
Titusville, Florida
248-935-5390
03-05-2013, 17:27 (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 18:06 by pgchin.)
(03-04-2013 19:40)al perna Wrote:  Peter . I agree simple is better , but as they say " If your gona play , you gota pay " and the WIFE want s 3 slides LOL

So AL,
Since I know both you and Erika, here is an out of the box solution for you to consider since you just got the LXI...... get rid of Erika and the Pom and keep the LXI!!!!! It may be cheaper in the long run!!!!!!!IdeaBig GrinTongue hahahahah you KNOW I'm just teasing you I hope!TongueWink

All kidding aside, get the details on the bird from Mike and post away, we're all help ya out with as much data as you need to make an informed decision! I spent many hours staying at the nest and talking with the M450 lead engineer and it's Coachworks follow on at the factory. When the factory was selling direct I played for hours in ALL of the m450's they had available. I almost bought 4 different ones over the past 36 months before I decided to go in a different direction. I do agree with Rich and you....... the absolute BEST price performer in that luxury class if you can buy the right one at the right price! Good Luck!!!!!Smile

PS Erika, if you are reading over Al's shoulder, I AM KIDDING!!!!!!!!! It's me, the one with the blond Pom with a bum heart who walks me and thinks I'm his own personal taxi to the shaded area in hot weather at Rallies! I was carrying him up your parking row when you came out to see the "Tasmanian devil" .... for the benefit of others reading this....... Erika came out of her bus to see the The Dog(his name is Taz for short) , not me!!!!!! hahahahahahah:-) I get into enough trouble on my own so don't anyone go making stuff up and helping me out, thank you very much!!!!!! :-) :-0............

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)