Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Trailer for the M450Lxi
10-17-2013, 14:52
A Trailer for the M450Lxi
So I have been think about a trailer that I can take all the toy's. Here is what I came up with.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage

Robert B. Buscher, Jr.
2006 M-450 Lxi
The Dog House
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2013, 17:51
RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi
Anyone ever been stop for Length?

Robert B. Buscher, Jr.
2006 M-450 Lxi
The Dog House
10-17-2013, 20:13 (This post was last modified: 10-17-2013 20:53 by al perna.)
Robert , In following your post, I was reminded of the many times I was over length . I once pulled my 45' bus + 20' jeep + 20' trailer . I kid you not we drove 12k miles that summer across the U.S. I have pics to prove it . with that said , I am much older now and fearful of breaking the law . Maybe It has to do with the consequence of being stopped or worse yet a accident where the length of the bus , will be a factor in the accident . If a ticked was the only result of the infraction , I would go back to my younger days when with my 69 GTO with 50s and headers I would just pile the tickets in the glove box lol that worked till the day they demanded I return my license . so gone was the GTO and a 66 Ford Panel Van was its replacement .

another thought on this subject , If we wish to be compliant and our coach is 43' then to be safe we should limit our trailer to say 20' ? do they even make a 20' trailer ??

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-17-2013, 21:59
Each state is different in length laws. Some RV atlas' have it printed in it. I think FMCA atlas is one, or can check with a truckers atlas. That's the one I use, mainly for the roads and bridges, that they use and don't route you through areas that aren't or can't get through with our height and length.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
10-18-2013, 10:29
It's a thing of beauty Bob. Who did the paint work for you? It's a great job. Who made the trailer? I'd love to see the interior. More pics please!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-18-2013, 12:43
(10-18-2013 10:29)davidbrady Wrote:  It's a thing of beauty Bob. Who did the paint work for you? It's a great job. Who made the trailer? I'd love to see the interior. More pics please!

Thanks David. Its a 1999 Featherlite trailer. It's called a short stacker. There is another M-450 owner that has the sister trailer to this one. I found this one on Randy's site.
Believe it or not the paint job is a Wrap. It was going to cost me up to 30K to paint the trailer. So for 8K I got this.

I was in the black hills this summer and there was a guy with a coach and trailer that was pushing 84' he told me he has never been stopped and measured for length in the 4 years he has had it.

I'll get more photos on our trip to the south east next week.

Robert B. Buscher, Jr.
2006 M-450 Lxi
The Dog House
[+] 1 user Likes RBBuscher's post
10-18-2013, 14:26
What kind of coach would tow a 40' trailer?

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)