Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Air Valve Leak - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Pneumatic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Air Valve Leak (/showthread.php?tid=9802)

Pages: 1 2 3

Air Valve Leak - cmillsap - 05-14-2013 21:29

I'm working on a few issues that need "fixin" on my "new" LXi. One air valve started leaking on the way home. It may have been leaking beforehand and I just didn't know it. It appears to be part of the slide seal air control and maybe the seal deflation control valve.

I have tried to find the two valves on Parker/Schrader/Bellows websites but have had no luck in finding a replacement using the part #s off the valves. I may be reading the letters/numbers wrong as they are small and obscure.

If anyone knows where to find these parts, I would appreciate the information. The valve model #s are on the schematic I drew and it is attached.

Part # BL1HM23N?G4500A Valve
8 maybe, not B

Part # P5V-GPN0693 Valve
S maybe, not 5

Part # 14R113FC Pressure Regulator

RE: Air Valve Leak - davidbrady - 05-14-2013 21:48

Hi Chuck,

Does your LXi slide seal use this HWH vacuum/pressure manifold? It has the piab vacuum pump mounted to it.

[attachment=472]

If not, this may be a better approach rather than rebuilding what you have; although, I'm sure it would be more expensive.

RE: Air Valve Leak - cmillsap - 05-14-2013 22:13

Hello, David,

I do not see anything that resembles the Vacuum/Pressure Manifold on my LXi.

Seal vacuuming is a good thing. Does this replace both of the two slide seal manifolds that you can see in the pic I posted above? Does not the door to the slide operators panel activate the deflation of the seal or is it the key being turned on?

RE: Air Valve Leak - davidbrady - 05-14-2013 22:35

Chuck,

Here's another picture of it. This manifold does it all. It inflates, deflates, and draws a vacuum. It'll replace both your manifolds. I have no idea what it costs. Make sure you're sitting down when you call HWH! On my LXi, the seal deflates when I turn the key. If the cost is too outrageous, or if installation too arduous then we'll find some replacement parts for you.

[attachment=473]

RE: Air Valve Leak - cmillsap - 05-14-2013 22:57

David,

You are a great friend and mentor. You have taught me so much about these machines. You know I appreciate it.

That looks like an easy replacement installation process. Surely, it can't cost that much? I'll call HWH tomorrow and see. The seal vaccuming may save a more costly seal replacement.

chuck

RE: Air Valve Leak - davidbrady - 05-15-2013 12:53

Thanks Chuck, and I echo those sentiments right back at you! Smile

BTW, the PIAB vacuum pump mounted on the manifold does exhaust quite a bit of air while doing it's job. It's a no-moving part, simple device that uses compressed air to draw a vacuum (there's a steady hissing sound), so it's not unusual to hear the 12V compressor run while sucking air out of the seal.

Thanks Al! Smile

RE: Air Valve Leak - cmillsap - 05-15-2013 15:21

(05-15-2013 12:53)davidmbrady Wrote:  Thanks Chuck, and I echo those sentiments right back at you! Smile

BTW, the PIAB vacuum pump mounted on the manifold does exhaust quite a bit of air while doing it's job. It's a no-moving part, simple device that uses compressed air to draw a vacuum (there's a steady hissing sound), so it's not unusual to hear the 12V compressor run while sucking air out of the seal.

Thanks Al! Smile

David,

I did call HWH this morning but was not able to speak to any parts person. Aperson answered and said she was taking messages and someone would have to call me back later. They're evidentally overloaded.

The present manifold also blows air out the end of the manifold through the valve with the .030 orfice located after the regulator. This happens when the Schrader solenoid valve is powered. I think that valve is powered by the slide operator's key.

I would just replace that valve (it appears to have the spool stuck in the middle) if I could just find a replacement. I would disassembly the valve but I haven't figured out how to get it apart yet. I just have had no luck in finding one tho. Then later replace all with the PIAD manifold.

I'm trying to get the coach to the shop to check the brakes,(poping noise on right front wheel when brakes are depressed) replace the shocks and remove that anti-sway bar but the valve is leaking so bad that I had to disconnect it and plug the air line going to it. The air system is very tight otherwise with that done. I aired the coach up and turned on the aux a/c to check for other leaks. The aux a/c only came on once for about 3 minutes in 24 hours. So I'm happy about that.

Chuck

RE: Air Valve Leak - cmillsap - 05-15-2013 18:19

David,

Dan Hartly at Parliament is finding me the valve.

RE: Air Valve Leak - cmillsap - 05-28-2013 20:14

Well, I finally got a call back from Joe at HWH. He agrees the newer version of the pressure/vacuum slide seal manifold is the way to go. This is the same manifold as David suggested above. Joe has no idea of what the existing control consist of as it was not built by HWH. Maybe it's a BB designed manifold?

Here's the Part #'s and cost in case someone needs to upgrade their slide seal control manifold.

http://www.hwh.com/mr054800.pdf

Part #AP20078 $449 remanufactured $642 new
Part# 91410 $19
Part # A21013 $9

RE: Air Valve Leak - davidbrady - 05-28-2013 20:50

Yup, that's what I thought it costs Chuck, six hundred bucks. It is a custom manifold, a PIAB vacuum pump, two solenoid controlled pneumatic switches and a pressure regulator, and it's well done, compact, and innovative. It's rich but it's probably worth it.

Does your current system have a vacuum mechanism to draw air out of the seal?