Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Latest News Ticker - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: About the Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Latest News Ticker (/showthread.php?tid=9801)

Latest News Ticker - davidbrady - 05-14-2013 10:15

Folks,

If you have something that's newsworthy feel free to create a thread under About the Forum / Latest News. Our Marquis style News Ticker will display the title of any thread in the Latest News forum.

The news displayed on the ticker are actually hyperlinks. Clink on any one of them to go to the thread.

As new news becomes old news Rolleyes someone Rolleyes will move it out of there and file it into the proper forum.

Have fun!

RE: Latest News Ticker - pgchin - 05-14-2013 11:26

(05-14-2013 10:15)davidmbrady Wrote:  Folks,

If you have something that's newsworthy feel free to create a thread under About the Forum / Latest News. Our Marquis style News Ticker will display the title of any thread in the Latest News forum.

The news displayed on the ticker are actually hyperlinks. Clink on any one of them to go to the thread.

As new news becomes old news Rolleyes someone Rolleyes will move it out of there and file it into the proper forum.

Have fun!
AWESOME!!!!! Thanks David, now THIS is gonna be fun!!!!!AngelWink

RE: Latest News Ticker - davidbrady - 05-14-2013 11:28

It's gonna be a hoot Pete! Big Grin

I like the fact that members can change the look of the homepage (more correctly, the index page). Members can add news and new photos and we suddenly have a new appearance!

RE: Latest News Ticker - pgchin - 05-14-2013 11:37

(05-14-2013 11:28)davidmbrady Wrote:  It's gonna be a hoot Pete! Big Grin

I like the fact that members can change the look of the homepage (more correctly, the index page). Members can add news and new photos and we suddenly have a new appearance!

EXACTLY!!!!!Angel an updated technology version of "bird of the week" combined with a news banner...... members can now show "their bird" off any time they want by posting photos. They can even be competitive about it! The more that post photos, the more cool birds and news we all get to see! I LOVE it!!!!!! Acknowledgment to the late "Jo-ski" who created the Pacific Northwest Birds group and gave Ernie and his team the original bird of the week idea on the original forum! History and credit is always important!WinkBig Grin

RE: Latest News Ticker - Itchintogo - 05-14-2013 11:50

This is a great feature. Wow talk about empowering members. Great idea David.

I like the fact members can change the look of WaGu as well.

Pete your right about Jo-ski she was a very very nice person and we have missed her much. A strong business women with a real tender heart.