Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
What Would You Buy If It Was Your First? - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Sandbox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Buying a Wanderlodge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: What Would You Buy If It Was Your First? (/showthread.php?tid=11423)

What Would You Buy If It Was Your First? - matchucalligani - 05-21-2021 16:20

I'm looking at buying my first Blue Bird and my only preferences are something 1985 or older and 31' so its easy to navigate (only me and my wife).

Asking those who've owned these for a while, which one would you prefer and why?

RE: What Would You Buy If It Was Your First? - patticake - 05-23-2021 11:07

I have had a '78 and have a '90WB. The difference is technology and 5'. I loved my '78, a simple machine, easy to maintain and fit in anywhere. My '90 is like stepping from the stone age to yesterday's technology. Computer run engine and trans, more gauges, air controlled most systems, more and bigger tires, etc.
A 31' is not going to be easy to find, as they are in high demand and only a few out there(for sale), so take your time, also ask on Vintage Birds. Try to find one that is turbo powered and as clean as possible with a history(records). The turbo ones were the hot rods of it's day.

RE: What Would You Buy If It Was Your First? - Bearmtnmartin - 05-24-2021 13:48

Don't get hung up on the 31 footers. They are much less common and you will struggle to find the right one. We have an FC35 and we usually travel with good friends with an FC31. I have yet to see a single instance where the extra four feet was a hindrance. I would suggest getting one with a turbo engine and air ride. Far more comfortable and will be less stressful to drive with more power.