Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Looking for key lock or parts - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Interior (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Looking for key lock or parts (/showthread.php?tid=10357)

Looking for key lock or parts - dentmac - 11-22-2014 14:19

Hi
The cast metal tab that turns to hold outside door closed is broken off. (Electronic area beside driver) Idea as to replacement. ...Duct tape is not impressive !
UPDATE:
Found lots of them.. Just not the same one
They are called "Metal Wafer Cam lock" Even Home Depot has them. < $5 ( no doubt made in China )

RE: Looking for key lock or parts - Arcticdude - 11-25-2014 00:41

Ross,
Often the keyed portion just pulls out of the barrel in case you haven't already found this. You could buy any of the locks, swap barrels and be good as new.

RE: Looking for key lock or parts - GregOConnor - 11-25-2014 01:29

(11-25-2014 00:41)Arcticdude Wrote:  Ross,
Often the keyed portion just pulls out of the barrel in case you haven't already found this. You could buy any of the locks, swap barrels and be good as new.

Ross a good google search to do is search images. some interesting options come up. I like the idea of a combination lock for the electric shore cord compartment

RE: Looking for key lock or parts - dentmac - 11-25-2014 14:26

Hi,
Thanks everyone,
I have a cheap Chinese version in there now but am watching for correct replacement or one that I can change the key cylinder. It is the same as the 450 fuel locks.
FYI, the electric compartment is locked by the central electric locks but the battery compartment is not. Combination there would be nice.

(11-25-2014 01:29)GregOConnor Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 00:41)Arcticdude Wrote:  Ross,

Ross a good google search to do is search images. some interesting options come up. I like the idea of a combination lock for the electric shore cord compartment