Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Chassis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE (/showthread.php?tid=10322)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE - davidbrady - 10-21-2014 11:48

Here's some drawings of the steerable tag, notice how the tag air spring is mounted squarely above the tag axle:

WanderlodgeGurus->Document Library->Models->LXi->Suspension->Steerable Tag Drawing.pdf

WanderlodgeGurus->Document Library->Models->LXi->Suspension->Steerable Tag Drawing 2.pdf

WanderlodgeGurus->Document Library->Models->LXi->Suspension->Steerable Tag Drawing 3.pdf

There's some pics over on this thread.

RE: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE - al perna - 10-22-2014 09:03

David,

PDF 2 seems to show the alignment of the pan rod best, thank you . so , how would you measure and from where the distance to be sure it is aligned correctly ?

If as said it can only be set one way , why would the body s weight shift to the point where the body moves 2" or so either way depending on the turn ?

RE: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE - rrueckwald - 10-22-2014 09:12

You guys are getting in way, way too deep. Start simple. Did you make absolutely sure the RHCV rods are not slipping at the set screw? This has happened before. The results would be what you have.

RE: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE - davidbrady - 10-22-2014 11:43

Al,

I couldn't agree more with Ron; we've been saying it over and over again: check your HCV's. The behavior wreaks of HCV attachment rods slipping. Prove to us that they're not. Take a couple small wire ties. Fasten them snuggly around the rod on either side of the set screw attachment at the suspension. Go for a drive and reproduce the leaning. Take a peek under and see if the wire ties are displaced.

RE: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE - al perna - 10-22-2014 17:52

David,

I am going to change the rods out with a newer truck type . I spoke to Jim D who said they had trouble with te old style and have upgraded to a flat bar type.