Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
What is this. on s 450 Lxi - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Chassis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is this. on s 450 Lxi (/showthread.php?tid=10215)

What is this. on s 450 Lxi - dentmac - 05-26-2014 23:06

Hi.
There is one of these on each uppet lift arm of the 3 pantograph bay doors. ( these doors are only on the 2 slide out units.) But perhaps they are used somewhere else. They appear to be the male part of a "Catch" but there is nothing anywhere nearby.

Ross

RE: What is this. on s 450 Lxi - davidbrady - 05-27-2014 10:16

(05-26-2014 23:06)dentmac Wrote:  Hi.
There is one of these on each uppet lift arm of the 3 pantograph bay doors. ( these doors are only on the 2 slide out units.) But perhaps they are used somewhere else. They appear to be the male part of a "Catch" but there is nothing anywhere nearby.

Ross

Hi Ross,

I have something similar on SpongeBob. Even though my air springs are strong enough to hold the doors fully open, Prevost included these latches on the pantagraph doors. I open the door and when fully open an extra little push engages the latch to absolutely keep the door open. I imagine yours are a remnant from the 4500 Express Commuter chassis.

RE: What is this. on s 450 Lxi - dentmac - 05-27-2014 10:59

Thanks,
Makes sense to be left over from Express bus, and to hear that you have them. These doors are PIA to open. Very heavy to get started until 1/3 of the way up. Tried to get BB to put in stronger air springs but in their infinite wisdom said that they work properly. ( No chance of my wife opening them.)

I have had to take them off and re-glue the outer metal to the frame-- BB used 2 sided tape.
I put them back on... Adjusted fit and closure-- Interesting now that I know how. They were open at the top. Way off. Just about finished and found that a catch/lock mechanism in one of the doors is loose.. bummer--- have to remove that door and wiring again, remove inside panel (screwed, not glued) to tighten the assembly . Hate re-doing things
Ross

(05-27-2014 10:16)davidbrady Wrote:  
(05-26-2014 23:06)dentmac Wrote:  Hi.

Ross

Hi Ross,

I have something similar on SpongeBob. Even though my air springs are strong enough to hold the doors fully open, Prevost included these latches on the pantagraph doors. I open the door and when fully open an extra little push engages the latch to absolutely keep the door open. I imagine yours are a remnant from the 4500 Express Commuter chassis.

RE: What is this. on s 450 Lxi - Hisham Amaral - 06-11-2014 18:27

David
Marathon used a very heavy insulation package on the basement doors we have to use a 250 pound air springs.