Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
A Trailer for the M450Lxi - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Towing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: A Trailer for the M450Lxi (/showthread.php?tid=10034)

A Trailer for the M450Lxi - RBBuscher - 10-17-2013 14:52

So I have been think about a trailer that I can take all the toy's. Here is what I came up with.

RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi - RBBuscher - 10-17-2013 17:51

Anyone ever been stop for Length?

RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi - al perna - 10-17-2013 20:13

Robert , In following your post, I was reminded of the many times I was over length . I once pulled my 45' bus + 20' jeep + 20' trailer . I kid you not we drove 12k miles that summer across the U.S. I have pics to prove it . with that said , I am much older now and fearful of breaking the law . Maybe It has to do with the consequence of being stopped or worse yet a accident where the length of the bus , will be a factor in the accident . If a ticked was the only result of the infraction , I would go back to my younger days when with my 69 GTO with 50s and headers I would just pile the tickets in the glove box lol that worked till the day they demanded I return my license . so gone was the GTO and a 66 Ford Panel Van was its replacement .

another thought on this subject , If we wish to be compliant and our coach is 43' then to be safe we should limit our trailer to say 20' ? do they even make a 20' trailer ??

RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi - patticake - 10-17-2013 21:59

Each state is different in length laws. Some RV atlas' have it printed in it. I think FMCA atlas is one, or can check with a truckers atlas. That's the one I use, mainly for the roads and bridges, that they use and don't route you through areas that aren't or can't get through with our height and length.

RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi - davidbrady - 10-18-2013 10:29

It's a thing of beauty Bob. Who did the paint work for you? It's a great job. Who made the trailer? I'd love to see the interior. More pics please!

RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi - RBBuscher - 10-18-2013 12:43

(10-18-2013 10:29)davidbrady Wrote:  It's a thing of beauty Bob. Who did the paint work for you? It's a great job. Who made the trailer? I'd love to see the interior. More pics please!

Thanks David. Its a 1999 Featherlite trailer. It's called a short stacker. There is another M-450 owner that has the sister trailer to this one. I found this one on Randy's site.
Believe it or not the paint job is a Wrap. It was going to cost me up to 30K to paint the trailer. So for 8K I got this.

I was in the black hills this summer and there was a guy with a coach and trailer that was pushing 84' he told me he has never been stopped and measured for length in the 4 years he has had it.

I'll get more photos on our trip to the south east next week.

RE: A Trailer for the M450Lxi - Arcticdude - 10-18-2013 14:26

What kind of coach would tow a 40' trailer?